The PRA decided to integrate the “MREL reporting” data item into the Bank of England Banking XBRL taxonomy. This new reporting will be effective from 1 January 2019 for certain firms.
RESOLUTION PLANNING: on 13 June, the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) released an extended version of the Bank of England Banking XBRL taxonomy which incorporates the “MREL* reporting” data item (Policy Statement 11/18).
- Corresponds to the MREL data item of the 3.1.0 taxonomy published on the 5 July 2018
- These XBRL returns (MRL001-MRL003) will be collected via the Bank of England Electronic Data Submission (BEEDS) portal
- Reporting frequency will depend on on the firm’s profile (please refer to PS 11/18)
- Effective from 1 January 2019 for firms that have been notified by the Bank of England prior to 1 January 2017 that they are likely to be set external MREL in excess of regulatory capital requirements
* Minimum Required Eligible Liabilities
How to comply?
To enable CRD IV firms in the UK to respond rapidly and regularly to new reporting requirements, Invoke has extended its product line to the Bank of England (BoE) taxonomy, related to MREL reports in XBRL.
Learn more about the Bank of England banking taxonomy reporting modules